Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dean Gallucci must be pretty pissed off

Interestingly, the Dean of Georgetown SFS was the US Ambassador that negotiated the deal w/North Korea under the Clinton administration. It would have been very interesting to talk to him in the past few days - I didn't expect NK to actually test a bomb quite so quickly - I figured they'd see what they could leverage first. I haven't found a response/analysis piece from him posted anywhere yet, but I'm looking.

Anyway, now that my assessment (and, I'd bet, a lot of other people's, but maybe I'm just making myself feel better) is proven wrong, here's the text of the draft UN resolution:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2397543,00.html

The Washington Post, which has recently pulled its investigative journalism credentials out of the closet, today ran an editorial/analysis piece about the Axis of Evil and how the situation with each country has rapidly deteriorated since the Bush Administration took office. Here's the link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/09/AR2006100901130.html

No comments: